Monday, June 7, 2010

A Very Special Baby Shower Cake



Our good friends Hilary and Alan are expecting a little baby boy in July and I was honored to get to make her Baby Shower cake this past Sunday. The cake itself was an awesome vanilla bean (tinted blue in honor of baby Kyes!) with pastel yellow vanilla bean butter cream. I'm a chocolate girl myself but the cake was delicious! I'm normally not around when my cakes are cut or eaten so this was certainly fun. Her shower was beautiful and everyone had a great time. We can't wait to meet your precious boy Alan and Hil, only a few months left, enjoy them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jacquie,

I came accross your blog this morning when I was doing a random search on S'mores cakes, of all things. It looks like your work has really developed in the last couple of years, and is very inspiring to women, moms especially, like me, who are trying to make a "go" of it in the world of cake-decorating.

I also have a blog at http://sweetsuccesscakes.wordpress.com if you're interested in having a look.

Best to you,
Erica

Food For Thought...

Always approach love and cooking with reckless abandon. -Dalai Lama